Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Key

"Wait, wait, what do you mean you don't have the key," I asked in a panic.

"Just that," my wife said, "I don't have the key. Either key."

"Where...where are the keys," I demanded.

"I left them at the office," she said sheepishly.

"Well go get them," I said. "Dammit, what's the matter with you."

"Watch that tone," she snapped. "And I can't."

"Why not?"

"We got an email on Thursday, they're replacing the emergency generator, so there's no power until starting today at five, through the weekend, you're going to have to stay locked up till Monday."

"Jessica, but...wait, you...your mother's coming for dinner. Fuck, Jess, you have to call her."

She grinned, and suddenly I got it.


5 comments:

  1. Ha ha. Love it. Sounds like the start of some interesting times

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy to see you are back. I have really missed reading your posts!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH I want to hear more about this one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the start of a good weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete