Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Overnight Guest


"You invited him to spend the night? I...I don't understand," I stammered.

"I don't understand what you don't understand," my wife said, looking at me with that look she had.

"Spend the night...like...like here? All night?"

She smiled. "Um, that's kind of what spend the night means, sweetie."

"But...but why?"

"Why? I don't know, I guess I'm tired of leaving at one in the morning, sneaking out of his house like I'm leaving a brothel. It's kind of getting old. We thought it would be nice to wake up together."

"Here?"

"Here," she said. "We could have a cup of coffee together, maybe you could even make breakfast."

"You want me to make him breakfast?" 

"That's what one does for overnight guests, no?"

"But he...he's..." I couldn't bring myself to say it, sighed. "Where am I supposed to sleep?"

"Our room," she said. "I thought about that, I think we'll go up to the guest room; it's quieter up there, we won't keep you up and you won't wake us up if you get up early and make breakfast."

I swallowed, said it without thinking. "You'll be with him all night, then?"

"Oh," she said, "I...got so caught up...I didn't think...I didn't think about our special time."

"It...I mean," I stammered, embarrassed as always, "it's not that important."

"No," she said, "it is, and I'm sorry, I should have thought about that. You know..."

"W...what?"

"I've never had morning sex with him. Maybe after breakfast before he goes."

"Allison..."

"It would be fresh," she smiled a guilty smile.

2 comments:

  1. And there's nothing else in the world like fresh and warm served from the woman who loves you most.....
    Love
    Kaaren

    ReplyDelete
  2. Breakfast for him... Breakfast for her... And a completely different breakfast for ME... YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete